Barcelona: The Greatest Day in the History of Rangers FC
BARCELONA will be published on 21 October 2021. You can pre-order your COPY now, by clicking the PRE-ORDER button above. For further information, please see the Pre-Order Information Tab.
Please Note: This book is currently available for delivery to the UK only.
2022 marks the 50th anniversary of the greatest victory in the history of Rangers Football Club when, on 24th May 1972, Rangers won the European Cup Winners Cup in dramatic style in Barcelona. That evening in Spain will forever live in the hearts of Rangers fans as their greatest day.
Now, along with the key players involved, Tom Miller recalls the campaign that culminated in Rangers winning their only major European trophy.
Willie Johnston recalls the revolutionary tactics that served them well on their travels, starting against Rennes in France. John Greig revisits the bizarre events of the match in Lisbon when Rangers thought they had been eliminated by Sporting. Alex McDonald claims he still has the bruises from his exertions in the quarter-final against Torino, and Derek Parlane tells of his shock at being called into the starting line-up against Bayern Munich just before his 19th birthday.
And for the final itself, Peter McCloy – who played every competitive game for Rangers in that historic season – talks about his teammates and how that special chemistry delivered the cup winning formula against Russian giants Moscow Dynamo.
This is the first time these Rangers legends have shared their memories together, and it’s essential reading from a golden era in the history of Rangers Football Club.
Your book will be dispatched before the publication date (26 October 2021). Please allow up to 7 working days after this for delivery.
If you need to update your delivery address, please contact us before 8 October 2021 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have not confirmed your change of address by 12 October 2021, please do contact us again. Address updates after 8 October September 2021 cannot be accommodated.
If you wish to cancel your order, please contact email@example.com before 12 October 2021. Order cancellations after this date cannot be accommodated, and will be subject to our Returns Policy.
- This book is currently available for delivery to the UK only.
- Your payment will be taken upon ordering.
- Any requests to personalise or dedicate copies cannot be accommodated. Copies will include a signature by Anna Deacon and Vicky Allan and are available on a first-come first-served basis, while stocks last. If your order confirmation states 'Signed Pre-order' your copy will be signed.
- Black & White Publishing shall use its best endeavours to fulfil all signed copies as ordered within the timescale specified but where the failure to do so is caused by something outside its reasonable control, including but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, pandemic, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure, the Publishers shall only be obliged to supply a signed first edition copy at a time when such product is available, or an unsigned first edition in the event that the author is for any reason unable to sign books. If the Publishers are unable to supply a copy of the book, either signed or unsigned, on or before 31st December 2021, then the customer may request a full refund.
- The Publishers reserve the right to make reasonable amends to these Terms and Conditions from time to time, at their sole discretion.
- For any queries with your order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: 21 October 2021
Format: 234x153mm, hardback
Extent: 288 pages
About the Author
Tom Miller is a vastly experienced broadcaster and has covered Scottish football for TV, radio and print for more than 25 years. Tom is the voice of Rangers on the official club television channel as match commentator and can often be heard on both local and national radio. Tom is the author of the biography of Scottish footballing icon Jim Baxter Slim Jim - Simply the best and SANDY, the authorised biography Sandy Jardine, another Rangers legend. Tom also presents The Blues Brothers Podcast on YouTube with Rangers legends Ian Durrant and Derek Ferguson, which regularly gets more than 15,000 views.