Black & White Publishing are happy to read material from potential new authors and accept unsolicited manuscripts for both fiction and non-fiction from the UK, Ireland and further afield.
All manuscripts will be considered, but at the moment we are particularly looking for:
- • commercial women’s fiction, especially chick lit, saga and romance
- • crime and psychological thrillers
- • contemporary YA and New Adult crossover books
- • children’s fiction
- • memoirs
- • sport (UK and Ireland in particular)
- • humour
- • food and drink
- • activity books
We do not accept:
- • poetry
- • short stories
- • work written in languages other than English
HOW TO SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT:
If you would like us to consider your manuscript, we ask you to submit the online form on the next page. Required fields are marked with an asterix (*).
Before starting the form, it is recommended that you prepare the following as a single document:
- A covering letter telling us about yourself and your writing experience, the readership for your book (it might help to highlight a similar title that has had success) and why your work stands out from the crowd.
- A one-page chapter-by-chapter breakdown of the entire book
- The first three chapters or first 30 pages of your manuscript
Please ensure all files are in the Microsoft Word file format (either .doc or .docx). Alternatively, PDF files can be accepted, but should only be sent if you are unable to supply a file in a Microsoft Word file format. Please do not upload anything with a file size greater than 15MB. In the unlikely event that you need to upload a file larger than this, please upload the item to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or another similar file sharing service, and include a direct link to the file in the 'Any Other Comments' box, detailing what the file contains.
The submissions form will also ask you to submit a 100-word brief synopsis, but also has the space for an optional extended synopsis if you would like to supply this. It is recommended that you prepare this before starting the form.
Files sent as .odt, .pages and other non-standard file formats will not be read. We prefer submissions to be submitted using our online form, but will accept submissions by post; however, we cannot return material unless you include an SAE with the correct postage.
All submissions to Black & White Publishing are confidential. We carefully consider all new submissions, but because of the high volume we receive, we cannot give individual feedback or editorial guidance. If you have not heard from us within three months then unfortunately your submission has been unsuccessful.