We are very happy to accept unsolicited material. If you have written something you would like to submit to us, please see our criteria below. Every submission will be carefully considered by our editorial team, but we’d ask you to only submit your work if it fits in with the following guidelines.
Please note that we can only accept online submissions. Do not send your submission to us in the post – we are unable to log and store it, and we cannot return anything irreplaceable.
What we publish:
- commercial women’s fiction (chick lit, saga, romance)
- crime and psychological thriller
- children’s fiction and Young Adult
- celebrity memoirs
- sport (UK and Ireland in particular)
- humour, gift and activity books
- food and drink
We do not accept:
- short stories
- work written in languages other than English
Still interested? Here’s how to submit your manuscript:
Required fields are marked with an asterix (*). Before starting the form, please prepare the following as a single document:
- A covering letter telling us a little bit about yourself and why your work stands out from the crowd
- The first three chapters or first 30 pages of your manuscript
Please ensure all files are Microsoft Word or PDF file format (.doc, .docx or .pdf), and do not upload any illustrated files. In the unlikely event that you have difficulty uploading your manuscript then please call the office on 0131 625 4500.
The submissions form will also ask you to submit a 100-word brief synopsis, but there is space for an optional extended synopsis if you would like to supply this. It is recommended that you prepare this before starting the form.
All submissions to Black & White Publishing are confidential. We carefully consider all new submissions, but because of the high volume we receive, we cannot give individual feedback or editorial guidance. If you have not heard from us within six months then unfortunately your submission has been unsuccessful.