Pre-order: Robbo: My Autobiography
You can pre-order your copy now, by clicking the PRE-ORDER button above. For further information, please see the Pre-Order Information Tab.
John Robertson is a Hearts legend and one of the teams’ most prolific and popular strikers. His tally of 229 goals in 570 appearances is remarkable, with all but 15 of his goals scored for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. He is the club’s all-time record goal scorer in the league, with 214 goals to his name, and by far the most successful striker for the club in the modern era. Robbo’s uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time and his sublime finishing have made him a football legend.
Now John Robertson tells his own story in his own words for the very first time. He tells how football became his passion as a young boy, how he got his big break, why he didn’t sign for Hearts’ arch-rivals Hibs and how they must have regretted that as he went on to score a record 27 goals in Edinburgh derby matches. His recollections include brilliant stories about Brian Clough, Wallace Mercer and the heartbreak of losing the league in the final eight minutes of the season, and take us up to the end of his playing days, including his time with Scotland. And he talks about his family in detail for the first time, and how his life changed forever when he lost his father to cancer at the age of just 14.
John Robertson’s story is a remarkable one, taking him from the back streets of Edinburgh to the hearts of fans as one of the greatest players ever to pull on the famous Jambo’s maroon jersey. It’s essential reading for Hearts fans and football fans everywhere.
Your book will be dispatched before the publication date (28 October 2021). Please allow up to 7 working days after this for delivery.
If you need to update your delivery address, please contact us before 15 October 2021 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have not confirmed your change of address by 19 October 2021, please do contact us again. Address updates after 19 October 2021 cannot be accommodated.
If you wish to cancel your order, please contact email@example.com before 19 October 2021. Order cancellations after this date cannot be accommodated, and will be subject to our Returns Policy.
- This book is currently available for delivery to the UK only.
- Your payment will be taken upon ordering.
- Any requests to personalise, dedicate or sign copies cannot be accommodated.
- Black & White Publishing shall use its best endeavours to fulfil all copies as ordered within the timescale specified but where the failure to do so is caused by something outside its reasonable control, including but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, pandemic, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure, the Publishers shall only be obliged to supply a first edition copy at a time when such product is available. If the Publishers are unable to supply a copy of the book on or before 31st December 2021, then the customer may request a full refund.
- The Publishers reserve the right to make reasonable amends to these Terms and Conditions from time to time, at their sole discretion.
- For any queries with your order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: 28 October 2021
Format: 234x153mm, Hardback
Extent: 320 pages
About the Author
John Robertson was born in Edinburgh in 1964. After playing for youth clubs in the capital with great success, his services were in demand from football clubs in Scotland and England. He joined Heart of Midlothian FC when he was 16 and spent most of career there, becoming one of the club’s most successful and popular players ever and their all-time top scorer in the league. He also played for Scotland and won 16 caps. His last game for Hearts was in 1998.